Saturday, July 25, 2009

Merging of Passions: Travel and Photography

Merriam-Webster defines passion as an ardent affection, love, desire for or devotion to some activity, object, or concept. In the last few months I’ve become more addicted to photography and the idea of seeing the world, and I’ve kept a travel diary for as long as I can remember whenever I do get to travel. Through photography one has the ability to capture what a city is really like in a moment in time, not what the tour book says; it’s also a way to preserve the memory of travel. The idea behind “The Shutterbug Diaries” is to preserve memories and sights in one place, and in a location to share with others. Even though I have years of travel diaries written, I will be starting with my newest experiences through England and London, and continuing from there; older diaries through Australia, Italy and Mexico can be added upon request. Sometimes traveling vicariously through someone else’s experiences is the best option you’ve got, so I hope you enjoy what I’ve written.

No comments:

Post a Comment